Helpful Hints When You Need a Water Well
Assess your water needs by:
persons in family
Size of yard,
Determine the availability of water by:
A qualified drilling contractor:
Has a good
current drilling license
knowledgeable of geology
and logs of wells
Your Drilling Contractor should:
proposed well site
depth and cost of well
log upon completion
The driller and you should agree on:
of well and pump
Date for well
to be drilled
Advice for the customer:
Do not take
water for granted
How Much Do We Depend On Groundwater?
According to United States Geological Survey (USGS)
figures, groundwater provides an estimated:
22% of all freshwater withdrawals
37% of agricultural use (mostly for irrigation)
37% of the public water supply withdrawals
51% of all drinking water for the total population
99% of drinking water for the rural population
Tips on Protecting and Conserving Groundwater
1. Dispose of chemicals properly.
2. Take used motor oil to a recycling center.
3. Limit the amount of fertilizer used on plants.
4. Take short showers.
5. Shut water off while brushing teeth.
6. Run full loads of dishes and laundry.
7. Check for leaky faucets and have them fixed.
8. Water plants only when necessary.
9. Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator.
10. Get involved in water education.